Friday, July 3, 2009

Work it Out

I like to run, I run about 15 miles a week which averages about 3-4 miles a day depending on how many days I get out. I've been working on increasing my endurance and mileage each week, like really working at it. My goal is to run 5 miles next weekend and increase a 1/2 mile each week after.



Running has become an obsession for me, the feeling I get is un-explainable. I have heard of "runners high", this euphoric feeling that runners can get...it can be different for everyone, some people equate it to being like an orgasm, others say they feel as thought they are in some type of trance state. Regardless, I like it and I am going to continue to run.



Lately, Boy Wonder and I have been running at least twice a week with one another. It is nice to share something I love to do with someone else who appreciates it just as much. I am confused though. Is the great feeling I am getting being around Boy Wonder attributed to the fact that we exercise a lot with one another? For example, we ran yesterday morning and then went to yoga in the afternoon...am I getting "runner's high" while I am around him, is that why he is so appealing to me, because working out together puts us in a constant good mood???

I don't think it ia a bad thing, at least not for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment